Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 2: "Breaking Bat": The Facility With Which I Create TV Puns Is Directly Proportional To My Level of Inactivity

Brave readers, today saw my first session at Synergize Fitness since the creation of this blog.  I don't think that I will make it a habit to preface my workouts with this much gravitas but now, more than ever, I must confess that I feel the weight of the task that lies before me.  I performed miserably today.  I was sluggish and weak.  There was more life to be found in a cemetery.  Yet, rather than consider this a bitter failure, I will take this experience and use it as a solemn reminder of how much room I have to improve.  If you are joining me on this journey of transformation, I urge you to stick to it.  Do not give up.  Truly, if there is anything salient about Batman's character, it is his indomitable will!


A Word About My Workouts:

As I mentioned before, the core of my workout routine will occur under the tutelage of the trained professionals at Synergize Fitness.  I would be lying to you if I told you that I was entirely certain about the methods used to develop these infernal workouts but, as I already dread them, I am going to assume they are effective.  

In general, a workout session consists of warm-up routine that is changed on a semi-annual basis (or so I believe) and is then followed by a series of soul crushing exercises that make up the bulk of the session. These exercises are changed daily, being either rotated and regrouped or replaced entirely by new exercises. Finally, acting as the sinister final slice of this evil sandwich, is what the team aptly refers to as a "finisher".

Pictured Above, Just Another Day At The Gym

That said, having obtained permission to do so, I will be posting my workouts. 
Eventually, it is my hope to include images of the more esoteric exercises just to make it easier to follow along at home.  (It is unlikely, however, that I will posting pictures of a what a push-up looks like.  If you are genuinely uncertain about something like that, please feel free to contact me privately and I will do my best to help.) 


Today's Bat Workout:

3 Rounds; 8 Reps Each
1a. Weight Lunges (35lb Dumbbells Each Arm)
1b. Bent Over Rows (35lb Dumbbells Each Arm)
1c. Squat Press (35lb Dumbbells Each Arm)
1d. Diamond Push-ups (Modified)


3 Rounds; 10 Reps Each
2a. I's, Y's and T's (8lb Dumbbells Each Arm)
2b Squat Thrusts


Obstacle Course Finish (3 Rounds)
1. Ladder Heismans
2. Hurdle Hops
3. Low Shuffles
4. Star Jumps (5)
5. Cross-body Mountain Climbers 


A Word About Bat Challenges:

Prompted by an on-going personal challenge that I am participating in, I will be sharing the number of push-ups and squats that I can perform in a 60 second interval. (To be clear, 60 seconds will be allotted for each exercise.)

I will perform this challenge every Tuesday, starting with today, and reporting my progress.  Also, I will rate my performance using a hero rating system that as described in a separate post. (Read about it here.)

Bat Challenge Results (1/21/14):

Push-up Goal: 60
Prisoner Squat Goal: 70


Push-ups Completed in 60s: 28 (46%)
Prisoner Squats Completed in 60s: 34 (48%)

Rating Level:  Average (42% to 62%)

     GREEN ARROW
Being On TV Doesn't Make
You Any Cooler!








                  






There you have it.  Please stop by a little later and, as always, BE THE BAT! (I like this closing better than my last one.  What do you think?)




1 comment: